Can I Use CAIR to Find My Shot Records?

Finding your (or your child’s) shot records can be frustrating because you may not know where to look.  The California Immunization Registry (CAIR) can help make this process much easier and more successful for you.  To begin the process, complete the online Authorization to Release Immunization Records form.

If your (or your child’s) records are not found in CAIR, here are a few hints where else you might look:

  • physicians or medical groups that gave the immunizations.
  • your local health department. Local offices began collecting records at various times, so the chances of finding older records are greater.
  • schools the student attended in California. [Note: school records are often not accessible more than a year or two or after graduation]
  • family records, such as a baby book.